Experience the unique aroma and flavour of truffles freshly dug from the earth, unlike anything else you have ever encountered. Take a trip through the history of truffles, from folklore and fairy tales to finding their place on the fanciest of tables.
Learn the secrets of truffle farming, with Kristen and Tom from Black Cat Truffles in Wattle Flat, between Ballarat and Daylesford, and hear how their truffle-hunting dogs Winston and Lottie find the truffles in a truffiere of 1000 English and French oak trees.
Taste how truffles and wine can enhance each other with tastings of our truffle dishes matched with premium Handpicked wines.Learn how to store and use this most precious and mysterious of earthly delights and get 10% discount on wine and truffle packs and fresh truffles.
WHAT IS INCLUDED
- Truffle workshop with Kristen and Tom from Black Cat Truffles
- Wine matching with Handpicked wine expert
- See, touch, smell fresh truffles
- Once upon a truffle wine and cheese pairing flight
- Tasting samples of our chef’s specials with freshly shaved truffle – Truffle Mac ‘n’ Cheese, Truffle Baked Camembert, Tartufo Jaffle
- 10% off Black Cat truffles products
- 10% off fresh truffle packs!
ONCE UPON A TRUFFLE WINE AND CHEESE FLIGHT
- Regional Selections Clare Valley Riesling paired with the Salami Al Tartufo
- Trial Batch Nebbiolo Rosé paired with the Truffle Tapenade Crouton
- Trial Batch Nero D’Avola paired with the Pecorino Al Tartufo
- Best Pinot Noir Trophy Winner – Mornington Peninsula Collection Pinot Noir paired with the Brillat Savarin A La Truffe
- 6.30-8.30pm, Thursday 26 August
Handpicked Cellar Door: 80 Collins Street - Melbourne
HOW TO BOOK
To book your ticket, click on the 'book the event' button on the right and checkout. You will receive an email confirming your order and your name will be automatically added to our guest list.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Must be 18 years of age or over to attend.
Once a booking has been made there are no refunds/transfers available.