WINES WE PRODUCE IN THIS REGION
- Pinot Grigio
ABOUT THE REGION
Delle Venezie is the powerhouse of Italian white wine production and the country’s largest wine producer by volume. Its refreshing Pinot Grigio wines are loved the world over for their delightful fruit flavour and refreshing acidity.
This large zone in north-east Italy is a demarcated Indicazione Geografica Tipica (IGT) and only superior wines with true varietal and regional character can use the label. Delle Venezie is a cool climate area capable of producing wines of great delicacy and freshness. Its light white wines are highly esteemed in Italy’s southern regions, which are too hot for wines of such finesse.
This is large wine zone encompassing the area historically known as the Tre Venezie. Today the three regions are known as Friuli-Venezia Giulia, Veneti and Trentino-Alto.
Like much of Italy, the towns and cities in the delle Venezie zone are saturated in the history of art, trade and conquest. Venice, for centuries a centre of world trade and commerce, is now one of the world’s most popular tourism destinations.
FACTS ABOUT THE REGION
- Climate : Cool-Moderate, Mediterranean
- Terrain : Flat river valleys and coastal plains, Alpine foothills
- Average growing season temp : 18°C (Udine)
- Average annual rainfall : 1248mm (Udine)
- Reasons to visit : Food specialties, history, museums, Venice. EVENTS - Udine Far East Film Festival (Apr), Venice Film Festival (Aug), Venice Biennale (Jun-Nov).