It is with great excitement we announce Peter Dillon, senior winemaker at Handpicked Wines will be taking part in the prestigious Len Evans Tutorial for 2016.
Only 12 of the most promising Australian wine industry specialists are awarded a scholarship to the coveted tutorial each year. It has been named “the most exclusive wine school in the world”by wine writer James Halliday.
During the annual tutorial, selected participants are given the opportunity to experience the practical demands of wine show judging, tasting some of world’s greatest, rarest and most revered wines alongside a number of the nation’s top wine experts. This year’s tutors include Ian McKenzie, Michael Hill Smith, Vanya Cullen and James Halliday as well as past scholars Tom Carson, Jim Chatto, Sarah Crowe, Liz Jackson, and Tyson Stelzer. It is widely accepted that the scholars of the Len Evans Tutorial will become the gatekeepers of good wine in Australia and beyond.
The Len Evans Tutorial has announced its 12 scholars for this year – an extraordinary calibre of scholars including wine and viticulture professionals at the top of their game. They are:
- Adam Clay, Penfolds, winemaker
- Peter Dillon, Handpicked Wines, winemaker
- Peter Fraser, Yangarra Estate, manager and winemaker
- Kate Laurie, Deviation Road, owner and winemaker
- Stuart Hordern, Brokenwood Wines, winemaker
- Luke Jolliffe, Stella Bella Wines, winemaker
- Addy Lam, Black by Ezard, sommelier
- Ramon Arnavas, Stokehouse Brisbane, sommelier
- Simon Black, Montalto Estate, winemaker
- Penny Jones, Bay of Fires, manager and winemaker
- Paul Beaton, ARIA Restaurant, sommelier
- Wes Pearson, Australia Wine Research Institute, scientist
A huge congratulations to Pete! The team wish him all the best in this experience of a lifetime. We’re all VERY jealous.
The post Senior Winemaker Peter Dillon announced as a Len Evans Scholar for 2016 appeared first on Handpicked Wines.