Wine Sales - Based in Melbourne
Handpicked Wines is an Australian-based producer headquartered in Sydney and with vineyards in the Mornington Peninsula, Yarra Valley and Barossa Valley. We have also established long-term partnerships with growers in wine regions across Australia and overseas.
An exciting opportunity is available for a self-motivated Sales Representative with experience selling premium wines to join our young and dynamic team, which aspires to walk its own path in the wine industry. This is a challenging role for someone with a desire to make a difference in a competitive industry by thinking outside the box and who wants to create his or her mark in the trade.
This opportunity comes with room for growth to a State Sales Manager role within the first or second year depending on performance.
You will be responsible for:
- Managing both on-premise and off-premise accounts in Victoria with a focus on mid- to high-end on-premise accounts, independent/boutique retailers and corporate clients;
- Developing strategic sales and marketing plans in conjunction with the National Sales Manager to grow the business in Victoria; and
- On-sell other related alcoholic products of which our company is the sole distributor in Australia.
Reporting to the National Sales Manager (Sydney), you will be based in Melbourne and expected to work independently on a day-to–day basis. You will interact with our winemakers and vineyard teams by attending regular team meetings at our winery on the Mornington Peninsula.
The successful applicant will have the following competencies:
- An entrepreneurial spirit and an interest in the wine industry
- At least two years of experience in a similar role
- Be able to clearly communicate ideas and passion
- Enjoy a fast-paced environment with significant changes anticipated as we grow
- Be a team player who enjoys solving problems and is solution oriented
- Motivated by meeting challenging sales targets and energised by the rewards of closing a sale and building something new
- Be able to maintain an ongoing relationship with existing accounts as well as cold call and prospect for potential customers to build revenue in assigned territory
- Demonstrate strong company product knowledge
- A valid driver’s license
We offer a competitive remuneration package aimed to attract candidates who thrive in a fast-paced business environment that is all about growth and keeping excitement at the forefront of you career.
To apply please send your resume to Jeffrey Tan, General Manager, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by COB 9 June 2017.